Save the Date: World Affairs Council-Washington, DC Global Education Gala - March 29, 2016
The World Affairs - HONORS Global
Education Gala is the Council's annual dinner and awards ceremony to
honor organizations that align with the World Affairs Council -
Washington, DC's mission to #SupportGlobalEducation.
Read more here.
- The Keynote Address will be delivered by the U.S.
of Defense, The Honorable Ashton B. Carter, who will also receive an International Public Service Award
- The George Mason University will receive the Educator of the Year Award that will be accepted by Dr. Ángel Cabrera, President
- The National Geographic Society will receive the Global Communications Award that will be accepted by Gary E. Knell, President and CEO
- The IBM Corporation will receive the Global Education Award that will be accepted by Daniel S. Pelino, General Manager – Global Public Sector
- The Republic of South Africa will receive the Distinguished Diplomatic Service Award that will be accepted by H.E. Mninwa J Mahlangu, Ambassador to the United States